Thursday, May 9, 2013

Tuscan Bean Salad

I was headed to Amelia Island, Florida a couple of weeks ago for an awesome girls trip  and we stopped at a Houlihan's in Savannah, GA for lunch on the way down there.  They had a Tuscan salad on the menu that was to die for!!  I made a version of it for lunch today, and while it may not have been quite as good, it was pretty darn close, and healthy...I feel my cholesterol dropping as we speak! ;o))   I'm not sure I can technically call it a Tuscan bean salad since I used the left over chick peas from yesterday instead of white beans, but we'll pretend!



 - 3/4 - 1 cup of spinach and mixed greens
 -1/2 cup chickpeas (or Cannellini beans)
 -1/2 cup fresh diced tomatoes 
 -1 or 2 TBS crumbled feta or goat cheese

Dressing:
 -1 TBS Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar, salt, and fresh basil

Layer the greens, peas, tomatoes and cheese.  Mix up the ingredients for the dressing and drizzle over salad and  top with a healthy dose of cracked black pepper!

Bon Appetit!

a ;o)
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment